Here you are a PDF that makes an overview on the subject.
Friday, October 23, 2009
Friday, October 16, 2009
Third Generation Streaming Multiprocessor (SM)
- 32 CUDA cores per SM, 4x over GT200
- 8x the peak double precision floating point performance over GT200
- Dual Warp Scheduler simultaneously schedules and dispatches instructions from two independent warps
- 64 KB of RAM with a configurable partitioning of shared memory and L1 cache
Second Generation Parallel Thread Execution ISA
- Unified Address Space with Full C++ Support
- Optimized for OpenCL and DirectCompute
- Full IEEE 754-2008 32-bit and 64-bit precision
- Full 32-bit integer path with 64-bit extensions
- Memory access instructions to support transition to 64-bit addressing
- Improved Performance through Predication
Improved Memory Subsystem
- NVIDIA Parallel DataCache™ hierarchy with Configurable L1 and Unified L2
- First GPU with ECC memory support
- Greatly improved atomic memory operation performance
NVIDIA GigaThread™ Engine
more information: http://www.nvidia.com/content/PDF/fermi_white_papers/NVIDIA_Fermi_Compute_Architecture_Whitepaper.pdf
- 10x faster application context switching
- Concurrent kernel execution
- Out of Order thread block execution
- Dual overlapped memory transfer engines
Posted by Wendell Rodrigues at 11:57 PM
Thursday, October 15, 2009
What’s New in v2.0-beta4
More information: http://developer.amd.com/GPU/ATISTREAMSDKBETAPROGRAM/Pages/default.aspx
- First beta release of ATI Stream SDK with OpenCL™ GPU support.
- ATI Stream SDK v2.0 OpenCL™ is certified OpenCL™ 1.0 conformant by Khronos.
- Added Microsoft® Windows® 7 support.
- Added native Microsoft® Windows® 64-bit support.
- Float comparisons in kernels no longer produce a runtime error.
- Various other issues from previous v2.0 beta releases have been resolved.
Posted by Wendell Rodrigues at 11:13 AM